Friday, January 30, 2009

Chapter Two: Dreaming of Rescue, Part One

Now begins the second chapter in the Isla Seaside saga. Before I begin this chapter, however, a few disclosures. I'm not scoring this attempt, so, I suppose it doesn't really matter if I follow the rules to the letter or not, but, oh well.

1. One of the islanders was made a warlock with Pescado's Lot Debugger and given maxed magic skill with the Book of Talent from ModtheSims2. Story wise, he was a warlock for many years prior to being stranded on the island and thus has had plenty of time to study his craft.

2. Using TwoJeff's Visitor Controller, every type of sim except playables have been banned, as my playable characters are supposed to be the only people on the island. This includes the Mail Delivery and Newspaper Delivery people. Realistically, just who are you going to pay bills to if you're stranded on an uninhabited island? The same applies for the newspaper, I rather doubt that the SimCity Chronicle would deliver papers to an uncharted island in the middle of nowhere.

Okay, that's about it for now. So, on with the story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------



Garrett: This is not exactly how I planned to start married life.

Alex: Stranded on a deserted island? Yeah, not exactly in my plans either.

Garrett: I'm so sorry, Alex.

Alex: Hey now, Garrett, this wasn't your fault.

Garrett: I was flying the plane.

Alex: I know that and I don't care. I'm not blaming you and I don't want you to either.

Garrett: Have I told you lately how much I love you?

Alex: Only about thirty times in the last hour - at least I think it's been an hour, I lost my watch - but at any rate, I'm always up for hearing it again.

Garrett: Alex, shut up and kiss me.





After they finished kissing, Alex and Garrett decided that it was time they started gathering some food, so Alex fashioned a fishing rod, hoping to catch some fish, while Garrett began climbing the trees to pick papayas and coconuts.



Having fallen hard on his ass several times, Garrett has decided that he much prefers gathering bananas, because they grow close enough to the ground that he doesn't have to climb a tree.



Once he finished gathering food, Garrett got to work on another project.

Alex: Garrett, I'm impressed.

Garrett: Thanks, love. I figured we needed a place to store our food, so, I'm hoping that being partially underground will help keep it fresh.



Alex: So, Rett, what do you think about staying here?

Garrett: On the island? Well, it'll be rather lonely, but, as long as I have you, I'd be fine with it.

Alex: Rett, you should now that before I agreed to be on the show, I bought and drank the male pregnancy potion that the world-renowned fertility expert Dr. Eldrige invented. So, we can have kids.

Garrett: Alex, I drank it, too. So, I guess that means we'll be able to experience the ups and downs of pregnancy together.

Alex: Yeah. Rett, how religious are you?

Garrett: I'm not extremely religious. I mean, I do believe in a higher power, but, I haven't been to church in years. Why?

Alex: Well, I was just wondering if you had any problems with incest.

Garrett: Incest? Why would you want to know that?

Alex: Well, Rett, unless we find a way off this island, our children aren't going to have many options in the romance department. I mean, as far as I can tell, we're the only people on this island, so...

Garrett: Hmm, I hadn't thought about that, but you're right. Though I'm not entirely sure that we're the only people on this island.

Alex: What do you mean?

Garrett: Well, when I was up in the trees, I saw what looked like buildings in the distance. Nothing fancy, just a few thatched huts. I figure someone must have built them, so, maybe there's natives on this island.

Alex: Natives, huh? Well, let's just hope they're friendly. The last thing I want is to meet the neighbors and get invited to dinner, only to find out that I am dinner. Speaking of dinner, the fish is ready - let's eat.



The next morning, Alexander and Garrett decided to throw caution to the wind and explore the island. Hopefully, if there was a native people on the island, they'd be friendly.

Heading in the direction that Garrett had seen the huts, they found that someone had obviously lived on the island at some point, but, it was obviously a long time ago. Entering one of the huts, Alexander made a gruesome discovery - several human skeletons, presumably those of the people who built the hut. It was quite obvious that they'd been dead for many years, so long that even the stench of decomposition had long time faded. Although Garrett figured that wouldn't have actually taken very long, considering that there was no glass in the hut's windows, and thus there was a constant supply of fresh air passing through it.

Using the makeshift shovel that he'd crafted the previous day to make their food cellar, Garrett dug several graves, so that the dead natives could be given proper burials. While Garrett was occupied, Alex began to search the huts for anything useful. He found some makeshift tools, an abundance of tallow candles and some wooden dinnerware that was still usable. He also found a supply of cloth and animal skins which he quickly bundled up, figuring that they would definitely be useful.



Over the next couple of days, Alexander and Garrett worked hard to setup a home on the island. Deciding to stay on the beach they'd washed ashore on, they built a small hut which was similar to the one they'd found a couple days earlier. It was small, but, for the moment, it fit their needs. They studied how the natives had crafted furniture in the abandoned huts and did their best to copy the design, crafting for themselves a bed and a few other small pieces of furniture.



Following a hard day of work, Alex and Garrett relax in their new home. Let's give them some privacy, shall we?



As a new day dawns, Alex and Garrett set off into the jungle to do some more exploring and to see if they can find anymore useful items to make living on the island a little bit easier. This time, they came across what appeared to be an abandoned research base. There was quite a few useful items, but, most of them were too big to try and carry home. There were, however, a few old telescopes that still worked, and Alex and Garrett managed to disassemble one so that they could carry it. It was then reassembled at their hut.



Once the telescope was reassembled, Alex pointed it so that he could look further down the beach and was shocked when he saw a person on the beach. And not just any person, but, one that he recognized - Dylan Lawson!

Alex: Rett!!

Garrett: Alex? What's wrong?

Alex: I was looking further down the beach with the telescope and I saw Dylan!

Garrett: Dylan? As in Dylan Lawson?

Alex: Yes, Rett, Dylan Lawson, from the show.

Garrett: Alex, are you feeling okay?

Alex: I'm not hallucinating, see for yourself.

Looking through the telescope, Garrett's mouth dropped open in shock when he saw the familiar form of Dylan Lawson further down the beach, along with several other people who were standing far enough away not to be recognizable.

Garrett: They must be here to rescue us, we're saved!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued...

1 comment:

  1. Your storyline is very interesting. The boys are still adorably cute.

    ReplyDelete